Virginia is a retired community college instructor now in her second career as a certified professional coach specializing in transitions, especially into retirement and aging. She helps individuals discover the opportunities retirement can bring to reignite old passions and discover new ones, deepen relationships, take care of health, share skills and wisdom in service to others, and have fun. A trained Conscious Aging Facilitator, Virginia also leads workshops for those interested in examining their emotional, physical, and spiritual responses to the challenges and opportunities of aging.
Virginia’s clients are either contemplating retirement or already retired. They seek resources and support as they navigate the transition into retirement or aging and make this time of their lives enriching, purposeful, and peaceful.
Professional Services Offered
- Energy Leadership Index – to measure overall energy level
- Life Options Profile to determine readiness for retirement
- One-on- one coaching sessions
- Group coaching circles
- Conscious Aging Workshops
- Discussion group facilitation
- Presentations/workshops on topics related to transitions into retirement and aging
What Clients Can Expect
- Assessment of their current values, strengths, and interests.
- Resources for exploring retirement options
- A clear vision of their retirement and an action plan for implementing it
- Upgraded skills in areas such as time management, self-care, improving relationships, and spiritual growth as needed.
- Support and accountability in reaching retirement goals
- Feeling the joy and vitality of living a purposeful retirement.
- See client experience summaries on my website
Professional Certifications / Qualifications
- M.A. in Applied Linguistics; M.S. in Teacher Education
- IPEC Certified Professional Coach
- Retirement Options Certified Coach
- Master Practitioner Energy Leadership Index
- Conscious Aging Facilitator
Affiliations / Organizations
- San Diego Professional Coaches Alliance
Virginia holds an undergraduate degree in Education from Adelphi University, a master’s in Teacher Education from the University of Southern California and a master’s in Applied Linguistics from San Diego State University.
In 2009 Virginia started her coaching career helping at-risk community college students successfully transition to the demands of the academic world. She is now a Certified Professional Coach and Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner. She is further credentialed as a Certified Retirement Coach by Retirement Options. Her recent interest in aging led Virginia to become a Conscious Aging Facilitator with the IONS Institute.
Virginia lives in San Diego with her favorite retiree-turned-writer, her husband George. Her choral singing brings her great joy as does travel, especially to visit her two sons and grandsons, Matthew and Joaquin. She keeps focused, healthy and flexible through, walking, yoga, meditation and dancing.
Resources & Offers
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 619-787-3099
- Website: thebabyboomerretirementcoach.com
- FacebooK: https://www.facebook.com/virginia.b.berger
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/virginiaberger